The Peoria County Highway Department's main objective is to maintain our current infrastructure. The Department also assists the Townships with their construction projects. The Department replaces a number of bridges and culverts with either a contractor or Highway Department personnel each year. Additionally, the Department contracts out overlays and complete road reconstruction projects as funding sources allow.
Provided below are construction projects that are currently being overseen by the Peoria County Highway Department. The listing for each project will show when the work will begin and will also show the approximate completion date. Please remember that construction is dependent on numerous factors such as weather and unforeseen conditions. Completion dates can be affected greatly by these factors. Each project will be updated on a weekly basis so the public can keep informed of the progress of each project.
For further information, please contact the Peoria County Highway Department at 309-697-6400, ext. 0. For information about IDOT or City of Peoria projects, please contact those agencies at the following numbers:
- IDOT Phone:: 309-671-3333
- City of Peoria Engineering Department Phone: 309-494-8800
- Akron Road Bridge Newsletter No. 1
- Akron Road Bridge Newsletter No. 2
- Akron Road Bridge Newsletter No. 3
- Akron Road Bridge Newsletter No. 4
- Akron Road Bridge Newsletter No. 5
- Akron Road Bridge Newsletter No. 6
- Akron Road Bridge Newsletter No. 7
- Akron Road Bridge Newsletter No. 8
- Akron Road Bridge Newsletter 9