Auditor: Certified Payroll
Work that qualifies under the Prevailing Wage Act for a Public Works activity in Peoria County requires a certified payroll and signed and dated certification form. This certified payroll is in accordance with the Department of Labor (other certified payrolls exist for differing reasons).
Vendors may access the Department of Labor (DOL) example form at the area below specified, as well as information about the Act, requirements, DOL rates, etc. The Peoria County Board recently approved a change to the Peoria County Prevailing Wage Ordinance, which allows aggregate reporting of fringe benefits; however, base hourly salary requirements must be met as per the DOL published rates for that time period and may not be reduced due to additional amounts paid in fringe benefits.
Vendors must identify the craft, as well as the status, of the worker (e.g., Electrician - JM; Electrician-Apprentice; Electrician-Foreman). If an Apprentice provides work, a copy of the hourly salary provided by the Program Sponsor is sufficient to identify an amount that will be different from the Department of Labor base hourly salary.
Private information is required regarding employees on a certified payroll; to maintain confidentiality, vendors are requested to send the certified payroll and signed certification form with a copy of the Claim (clearly marked "COPY") direct to the Peoria County Auditor. Vendors may determine which means to use:
- Send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred).
- Send via 'fax to 309.677.6234
- Send via postal mail to the above address, noting "Certified Payroll"
The actual Claim will continue to be sent by the vendor to the Department placing the order, clearly marked "Certified Payroll sent to Peoria County Auditor". When the original Claim approved by that Department is received by the Auditor, the copy of the Claim and Certified Payroll previously sent will be matched and processed.
This will allow us to have the Prevailing Wage Audit performed, any discrepancies noted and addressed, and - we hope - be ready for payment upon receipt of the approved Claim - as well as provide notice of an outstanding claim and protect personal information in the Certified Payroll.
If you have any questions about the Prevailing Wage audit, please contact me at 309.672.6006 or email at email@example.com .
The following sites will provide additional information to vendors about the Prevailing Wage Act, access to the Department of Labor sample Certified Payroll Form and instructions, access to the Peoria County Purchasing Ordinance, and the Department of Labor base hourly wage rates and Fringe Benefits required for that month by Craft and status for a public works activity.
- Please ensure the certification is signed and dated before sending in with the certified payroll form and copy of the Claim.
- (see Page 20) Peoria County has amended the Department of Labor requirements to allow for the reporting of aggregate Fringe benefits instead of Category. Both are acceptable. If reported in aggregate, we will add up the categorized fringe benefits required and if the total is equal to or more than the required base, the aggregate number is acceptable. The Department of Labor form is preferred. Other forms may require additional information not necessary for the IL Prevailing Wage Audit and not have a column for Fringe Benefits.
- No reduction in the base hourly salary required by the Department of Labor for the craft is permitted, by Peoria County Ordinance or State Statute.
- on left hand side, fourth tab down "Prevailing Rates" Then go to Peoria County.
- on right hand side, there are more links to FAQ's