County Board: Dental Discount Pilot Program
The Peoria County Board recently approved Peoria County's participation in the National Association of Counties (NACo) Dental Discount Pilot Program. The dental program was designed for uninsured and underinsured county residents. Through a partnership with Careington International Corporation, this simple discount card can help members save an average of 20% to 50% on dental care and 20% on orthodontics.
How it works
Members simply pay a small monthly fee for access to participating providers who have agreed to give services at discounted rates. Fees start at $6.95 per month and $59 per year for individuals. It is important to note that this is a discount program not an insurance program. Residents can pick up a brochure at participating municipal and township offices, as well as many libraries and social service agencies. There is a card at the top of the brochure and the individual can simply call 1-877-354-6226 to activate the card. Residents who don't have access to a brochure can simply call the same phone number and information will be mailed to them. Once registration is complete, participants simply schedule an appointment with a participating dentist or specialist and present their membership card to receive a discount at the time of service. There are currently twelve participating providers in Peoria County.
Here are some key factors to remember:
- Everyone is accepted
- Family membership includes all family members
- All discounts are available at the time of service
- Unlimited plan usage, with no administrative forms or waiting periods
- Significant savings on dental cleanings, x-rays, braces, dentures, crowns, root canals and more
- Discount dental plans are a great option for individuals or families on tight budgets; and would otherwise be under-insured or uninsured
- The plan can complement health insurance plans or work in conjunction with health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts and health reimbursement arrangements. Participants should contact NACo for specific examples of coordination of these programs.