Finance Department: Purchasing Division
Peoria County Courthouse, Room 501. Tel: (309) 672-6056, Fax: (309) 495-4608
The Purchasing Division's mission is to continually identify and incorporate innovative procurement practices that will provide quality and timely services to County departments, while adhering to and enforcing all applicable laws, regulations and policies. The Purchasing Division shall procure goods and services that meet the required specifications, with attention to quality, pricing and delivery. This involves a balance between efficient and timely service to our customers and providing an environment of sound business controls to protect the assets of the County and its citizens.
The Purchasing Division:
- Monitors and approves departmental requisitions and specifications for accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures.
- Expedites purchase orders and works with requesting departments and vendors to reconcile problems pertaining to orders or delivery of goods.
- Prepares written communications, solicitations and addendums as required for competitive bids and requests for proposals.
- Prepares or assists departments with written bid specifications.
- Conducts pre-bid conferences.
- Assists departments with bid evaluations.
- Insures that procurement methods are within the intent of state and local laws and regulations.
Purchasing Staff Contacts:
Jim Smith, CPPB
Phone: (309) 672-6931