Juvenile Detention Center: Home
- The Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center, dedicated and opened in the summer of 1999, sets the standard for detaining juveniles in a secure, rehabilitating environment.
- The 63-bed facility brings together all the components necessary to serve many needs of the juvenile population, including education, mental, medical and dental health as well as faith based services.
- Mission Statement: To further justice by providing a safe, caring environment that guides children in our care towards productive lives and enhances community safety and well being.
- Core Values :
- We believe individuals are valuable and will be treated with dignity and respect.
- We believe accountability of individuals promotes a safer community
- We believe individuals are capable of change
- We are committed to responding to the complex needs of individuals and engaging the collaborative support of the community resources to provide the best available services
Facility Contact Information:
Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center was fully accredited by NCCHC (National Commission on Correctional Health Care) on September 27, 2013.
The mission of NCCHC:
- Improve the quality of health care in jails, prisons and juvenile confinement facilities.
The values of NCCHC:
- Dedication to quality care and emergency preparedness
- Patient Safety
- Suicide Prevention
- Enhanced Clinical Performance
By increasing the standard of care in house we reduce operational costs and increase organizational effectiveness.