Juvenile Detention Center: Home
- The Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center, dedicated and opened in the summer of 1999, sets the standard for detaining juveniles in a secure, rehabilitating environment.
- The 63-bed facility brings together all the components necessary to serve many needs of the juvenile population, including education, mental, medical and dental health as well as faith based services.
- Mission Statement: To further justice by providing a safe, caring environment that guides children in our care towards productive lives and enhances community safety and well being.
- Core Values :
- We believe individuals are valuable and will be treated with dignity and respect.
- We believe accountability of individuals promotes a safer community
- We believe individuals are capable of change
- We are committed to responding to the complex needs of individuals and engaging the collaborative support of the community resources to provide the best available services
Facility Contact Information:
Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center was fully accredited by NCCHC (National Commission on Correctional Health Care) on September 27, 2013.
The mission of NCCHC:
- Improve the quality of health care in jails, prisons and juvenile confinement facilities.
The values of NCCHC:
- Dedication to quality care and emergency preparedness
- Patient Safety
- Suicide Prevention
- Enhanced Clinical Performance
By increasing the standard of care in house we reduce operational costs and increase organizational effectiveness.
The Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center has a zero tolerance policy for sexual abuse. The Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) of 2003 is a federal law that seeks to eliminate sexual assaults and sexual misconduct. This law applies to all federal and state prisons, private facilities, juvenile facilities and community correctional settings.
PREA Mission Statement:
Our mission is to achieve compliance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) by developing guidelines and policies for preventing, detecting, monitoring and eradicating all sexual abuse and harassment within the Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center.
Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center contracts with the Peoria County Sheriff’s Department to conduct all investigations.
Third Party Reporting:
To report allegations or suspicions of sexual abuse or sexual harassment you may contact and confidentially report to one or all of the following agencies:
- Peoria County Juvenile Detention Administration (PREA Coordinator) at 309-634-4221
- Peoria County Sheriff’s Department at 309-697-8515
- Center for Prevention of Abuse’s Confidential Hotline at 1-800-559-SAFE (7233)
Victim Advocacy and Support Services:
Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center contracts with the Center for Prevention of Abuse (CFPA) to assist victims. To receive assistance, you may contact CFPA at 1-800-559-SAFE(7233).