How To Adopt a New Pet
Adopt your new friend for life at a lower fee!
Dogs and cats already spayed or neutered have
reduced adoption fees. Adoption includes microchip,
starter bag of pet food, and adoption
Call 672-2440 for details.
|Dogs and puppies||$100|
|Cats and kittens||$75|
The adoption fee for dogs and cats includes the sterilization, microchip, initial vaccines, and general de-wormer.
Looking for A New Pet?
For a partial listing of animals available for adoption, visit Pet Harbor.
PCAPS receives hundreds of wonderful dogs and cats, puppies and kittens, and small companion animals like rabbits, hamsters, gerbils, and guinea pigs who are all waiting for a new home. You can adopt one of these great animals by just following these simple steps:
- Visit the shelter between noon and 5 pm Monday through Saturday to see the pets available for adoption.
- When you see an animal you're interested in, a staff member will get it out for you for a private visit.
- All dogs, cats, and rabbits must be spayed or neutered. Most have the surgery before they go home. Some have to come back for surgery when they are old enough. The surgery is included in the adoption fee.
- There is generally a 24-hour waiting period before you can pick up your new pet. This allows us to have the animal seen by our veterinarian and bathed before it goes home. Sometimes the waiting period is a day or two longer depending on our surgery schedule.
- We ask that all family members see and consent to the new pet before it goes home.
- We require landlord approval for the pet if you rent your home.
- We ask that all new owners take their pets to their veterinarian within 7-10 days of adoption to ensure the animal is healthy and begin a relationship with their veterinarian.
- All dogs and cats receive a microchip, a general de-wormer and initial vaccinations prior to release. New owners must follow through with rabies vaccine and registration at their own veterinarian.