Peoria City/County Health Department Strategic Plan, 2017 - 2019
Adopted by Board of Health 12/12/16
Our Mission: Through the effective, efficient use of resources, we engage, educate and regulate to promote health, prevent disease, and provide for a safe environment.
Our Vision: A healthy, safe and informed community through collaborative partnerships.
Goals and Strategic Initiatives:
Summary of goals and strategic initiatives of the strategic plan.
Foster a thriving, competent and empowered workforce:
- Develop and implement a succession plan for key members of the agency.
- Increase staff morale.
Establish financial sustainability
- Continue to deliver the core, mandated services that are provided and continue to meet the criteria to be a certified health department.
- Maintain all current essential services and have a method in place to identify emerging issues.
Provide an efficient, safe and welcoming environment
- Develop and implement a plan to increase usability of the Peoria City/County Health Department (PCCHD) building including access, internal layout and a welcoming environment.
- Improve coordination of client services.
Enhance PCCHD as a valued public health resource
- Develop and implement an internal marketing plan for PCCHD.
- Develop and implement an external marketing plan for PCCHD.
Improve Health Equity
- Implement Health in all Policies.
- Implement Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) priorities.