Planning & Zoning: Building Inspections
Effective April 1, 2006, Peoria County adopted the ICC Building Code Program. The ICC Standards complies with the Board's strategic goals of planned quality growth and a partnering for success with our citizens. The County Staff will work with the community on education, acceptance and adherence of these and future regulations.
The following codes are adopted and enforced.
January 13, 2012 began the adoption of the ICC 2012 Building Standards
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code, effective January 1, 2013
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code
- 1996 Illinois Accessibility Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2004 State of Illinois Plumbing Code, Part 890 Illinois Administrative Code
All Construction Plans will be reviewed by the Inspections Coordinator for compliance with the above codes. Various inspections will be performed during the building phases and a Certificate of Compliance will be issued after all final inspections are completed.
Plan review requires at least 48 hours for residential construction and up to 14 days for commercial/industrial/multi-family construction.
You are able to review and download all forms necessary for submittal for your construction project. These forms can be completed at your convenience, saving you time and expense. Please click Information Library. This site will provide structural diagrams that can be added to your plans. It is important that you complete all forms in the application process.
The staff of Peoria County Department of Planning and Zoning is here to assist you. Please inform your subcontractors about the permitting and inspection changes. Call us with any questions, concerns or complaints relevant to your building process.
Code of the Week
Please click Information Library. Questions and Answer scenarios are available.