Probation and Court Services: Home
The Mission of Probation and Court Services is to support the public safety and serve the community through services and programs that ensure accountability for offenders, promote restoration for victims, and better equip offenders to become competent and productive citizens.
Probation and Court Services has three divisions:
- Adult Probation
- Juvenile Probation
- Juvenile Detention
To carry out its Mission, Probation and Court Services performs certain core functions:
- Providing the Courts with the highest quality information available to assist in dispositional decisions.
- Monitoring each probationer’s compliance with the Court’s orders and the laws of Illinois and taking appropriate action when either is violated.
- Assessing probationer’s risks and needs and developing objective-based plans to promote and reinforce lasting behavior change.
- Providing programs and referring probationers to service providers for assistance in developing competencies.
- Providing detention services that meet or exceed all applicable professional standards.