Probation and Court Services: Home
|Location||Peoria County Courthouse
324 Main St., Room 520
Peoria, IL 61602
Daniel S. Hunt
Director of Probation and Court Services
Welcome Message from the Director
On behalf of the staff and management of the Peoria County Probation and Court Services Department, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our website. Our site will provide you with information regarding a wide range of services provided by our department.
We operate under the authority of the Chief Judge of the 10th Judicial Circuit. Our Departments are Administration, Adult Probation, Juvenile Probation and Juvenile Detention Services.
We take great pride in our Mission and Vision Statement, Goals and Core Values. They are fluid through each of our departments.
Our mission is to serve the community by engaging individuals
with services and programs that ensure accountability, enhance public safety,
promote restoration for victims, and provide realistic opportunity for positive life change.
Leading the way, connecting lives, and providing a healthier and safer community.
High Quality Personnel
High Quality Programs and Services
Positively Impact the Community
- We are committed to being an organization of excellence.
- We believe individuals are valuable and will be treated with dignity and respect.
- We believe in embracing diversity throughout the organization which allows us to value the differences among our co-workers, colleagues, community and the individuals who rely on us.
- We believe our employees are our most valuable resource.
- We believe accountability of individuals promotes a safer community.
- We believe in being sensitive to the needs of victims.
- We believe individuals are capable of change and we are committed to empowering through the utilization of the 8 evidence - based strategies for community corrections.
- We believe Court Services is an effective and cost-effective method of effecting change.
- We are committed to responding to the complex needs of individuals and engaging the collaborative support of the community resources to provide the best available services.
- We are committed to providing the Courts with high quality investigative reports and information.
- We believe our actions reflect our values.