Peoria County Facilities - Updated Mitigation Measures
Updated May 24, 2021
Most Peoria County facilities and departments are open to the public at this time.
Guests entering a Peoria County facility, including the Peoria County Courthouse, are asked to wear a face mask while in the building and to practice social distancing when able. Individual departments may have more stringent guidelines.
Keep in mind that many departments have developed alternative means to an in-person interaction to assist the public with their County business. You may be able to complete your business without having to make a trip.
Contact information for departments is available on our websites:
- Peoria County: https://www.peoriacounty.org/directory.aspx
- Election Commission: https://www.peoriaelections.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=75
- 10th Judicial Circuit: https://www.10thcircuitcourtil.org/142/Contact
- Regional Office of Education: http://peoriaroe.org/about-us/
- Peoria City/County Health Department: https://www.pcchd.org/260/Phone-Index
Guidelines for Entering a Facility
The guidelines below are intended for all guests and vendors who may need to enter a facility. Peoria County employees are operating under similar guidelines that are determined by their department and vaccination status.
Some facilities or departments may have more stringent procedures than those outlined below.
- All guests entering a Peoria County facility, including members of the public and vendors, shall wear a face mask, unless there is a documented medical reason not to.
- All persons in the custody of law enforcement shall abide by the protocols set forth by the Sheriff (adults) and the Tenth Judicial Circuit (juveniles).
- All persons should strive to maintain a minimum of six feet (6’) of separation between others. Barriers have been erected to assist with locations that may not be able to maintain 6’ to conduct business.
- All persons entering any Peoria County facility may be subject to the collection of contact information for the purpose of contact tracing. This may include name, phone number, email, address, and department visiting.
- Peoria County has instituted many ways for the public to conduct their county business remotely, whether through electronic means or by phone.
- Residents may benefit from viewing department webpages to see if their business can be done electronically or by phone.