Our office reopened to the public on June 1. While we look forward to resuming in-person services, we still strongly encourage residents to continue utilizing phone, email, and web-based communication to contact us whenever possible.
Patrons of the Peoria County Courthouse will be asked to wear a face-covering and maintain social distancing where possible and may be asked to provide contact information. Please check our reopening plan for full details, or call ahead, before making a trip.
The County Auditor is an elected official and serves a four-year term. This office performs pre-payment audits on all claims against the County.
- Verifying accuracy of the claims submitted and the authority for expenditures
- Recommending Payment or rejection of all invoices
The auditor's main responsibilities include:
- Continuous, ongoing internal audits of Operations
- Financial records of all officers, agents, or divisions of the county
- Determining Vendor Compliance with Prevailing Wage requirements
- Audit, approve, and maintain the Vendor database of County Vendors
- Verification of the physical presence of County assets through audit
- Audit of receipts of all County officers, and departments deposited with the County Treasurer
- Review and verification of adherence to the appropriate County ordinance and/or state statute
Summary of Purpose
Protect taxpayer investment; determine compliance with County Policies and other applicable requirements (e.g., State Statutes, Federal requirements, generally accepted accounting policies, good business procedures, etc as they pertain to Peoria County).
Per Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) guidelines:
- Email the County Auditor
- Fax: 309-677-6234
- Personal Delivery
- Written Request Via Mail
Learn about the fees for public records (PDF).
Documents Stored in Auditor's Office
- Audit Reports of Peoria County departments
- Auditor Office procedures and Internal Informational Bulletins with employee directives
- Auditor Policies (requirements to pay a bill; financial policies; reimbursement claims, Travel policy requirements)
- Forms for various purposes (transmittal sheet for Claims, Voucher form, Prevailing Wage requirements, Travel Reimbursement Claim Form)
- Prevailing Wage Compliance Audits
- Vendor W9 Forms and Vendor Database for Peoria County
- World War I and II Memorial purchases of inscribed brick paver