The Peoria County Courthouse is closed to the public until further notice. We are still processing requests for records received through our online services and by mail. We currently have temporary office hours of 8:30 am - noon Monday - Friday. Online expedited orders must be received by 9 am to go out the same day.
Death Record Information
Death records are restricted to persons having a personal or property interest in the deceased’s estate. Exceptions to these restrictions apply to those interested in Genealogical Research.
How to Obtain a Certified Death Record
Include the following items:
- A completed Application for Vital Records Search.
- A photocopy of a government issued photo identification with signature.
- A check (check must include your Driver’s License Number and State where issued, if not Illinois, and your phone number), money order or cashier’s check made payable to: Peoria County Clerk. Please do not send cash.
- $20 for first certified copy, $11 for an additional copy of the same record.
- Requested record(s) will be shipped within two weeks of your request once proper documentation and payment have been received.
- Mail your request to:
Peoria County Clerk
324 Main Street
Peoria, IL 61602
You may purchase a certified death record by debit or credit card at the following website:
- Expedited delivery service with option of 2 day or next day delivery.
- Non-expedited orders will be delivered by USPS.
- Expedited requests received by 9 AM will be shipped the same business day. Orders received after 9 AM will be shipped by the next business day.
- The fee varies depending on the shipping method. A $19.50 expedite fee applies to expedited orders.
- Vitalchek charges all orders a $9 processing fee.