Care & Treatment Board
- Alyssa Herman, President
- Joyce Harant, Secretary
- Greg Chance
- Todd Baker
- Shannon Moberg
Care & Treatment Board Information
The Peoria County Board for the Care and Treatment of Persons with a Developmental Disability is governed by a five member Board appointed by the County Board to provide for the well being of people with developmental disabilities. The Board is supported through the Care and Treatment property tax levy. The maximum tax rate for the Care and Treatment Board tax levy for is.10¢ per $100 of assessed valuation.
The Peoria County Board for the Care and Treatment of Persons with a Developmental Disability has for many years helped to provide services by providing funds to service providers for Peoria County residents with developmental disabilities.
The following programs received funding via the Care and Treatment Board for the 2018 to 2019 grant period:
- Easter Seals, Early Intervention in Natural Environments: $45,129
- Easter Seals, Sensory Integration Therapy Improvements & Enhancements: $15,865
- Camp Big Sky, Living a Life Like Any Other: $34,000
- Camp Big Sky, Living a Life Like Any Other - Equipment: $3,097
- EP!C, Specialized Job Training: $239,409
- EP!C, Educational Services: $250,000
- Community Workshop and Training Center, Community Employment Services: $227,000
- Community Workshop and Training Center, Adult Day Development Training Program: $53,500
- Heart of Illinois Special Recreation Association, FOCUS Adult Day Program: $32,000
- Total: $900,000
It is our mission to identify, prioritize and create a collaborative effort to meet the Care and Treatment needs of children and adults with mental and other developmental disabilities.