Inmate Visitation Scheduling
Inmate Visitation Suspended
In response to the Governor’s Executive Order, effective March 21st, 2020, all Inmate Visitation is canceled. Visitation will resume when the order is no longer in effect. As of the issue date, the order is through April 7th, 2020 but is subject to extension.
Scheduling a Visit Online
**A Detainee must be in custody for 7 days before he/she may have visitation privileges. If a visit is scheduled before the 7th day, it will be cancelled by a staff member.**
If you have never visited here, you can go directly to the Peoria County Sheriff’s website and register as a new visitor. After you register you will be able to schedule your own visits. To schedule visits, go to the website to register.
If you have visited here previously and would like the ability to schedule visits online, you must first give a Reception Clerk your valid email address. The visiting system will then email you a generated password. To have a password reset, contact a Records Clerk during normal business hours.
Inappropriate behavior or violation of the rules may result in a restriction or denial of visiting privileges.
After 7 days in custody, inmates are allowed one 20-minute visiting session per week. Up to 3 individuals can visit an inmate at each visit. The New Visiting Week Starts Each Sunday.
All visits must be scheduled at least 1 day in advance. Visits Must Be Scheduled or Cancelled in person with a valid photo I.D. Accepted forms of ID are State ID, Drivers License, FOID Card, or Passport. School IDs are acceptable only for minors. Ages 16 and over require a Valid Photo ID to visit. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while visiting. All people (including children) must be registered and on the schedule to be allowed to visit.
- Please arrive 10 -15 Minutes prior to your scheduled visit time.
- No Cell Phones, Cameras, or Video Are Allowed During The Visit. Keep electronic devices put away.
- Visitors may only communicate with the Inmate they are scheduled to see. No switching stations or visits.
- Small children may not be left unattended in the lobby during your visit.
- Visits may be monitored or recorded.
- Visitors should remain seated at all times. If you exit the visiting station, you may not return.
- Hanging up the handset will stop the visit and it will not be restarted.
- Staff can stop the visit if a violation occurs.
- Persons not on the visiting schedule or not checked in with Reception are not allowed in the visiting area.
- No food or drinks allowed in the visiting booths.
- Visitors must wear appropriate clothing. Visitors wearing clothing deemed inappropriate will be asked to change or the visit may be denied.
- Please report any technical issues to the staff on duty immediately. Failure to notify us in a timely manner can result in delays or missed visits.
- Visitors must refrain from using profane or explicit language. This is a public facility, and children are often present during visiting hours.