Committee Overview & Responsibilities
- It shall consider all matters concerning public health including: the protection and promotion of health and the prevention of disease, illness and injury; and, the care and support for the elderly and differently-abled.
- It shall consider all matters related to public education.
- It shall serve to review and devise strategy, methods and measures in anticipation of future public health crises.
The business of the following offices is considered by the County Health Committee:
- Regional Office of Education
- Sustainability and Resource Conservation Office
- City/County Health Department
- Emergency Management Agency
- Peoria County Board for the Care/Treatment of Persons with a Developmental Disability
- City/County Landfill Committee