Connect With Us
Social Media Policy:
Our social media sites are not monitored 24/7. Please call or text 911 in an emergency.
As a communications tool, the Coroner’s office shall utilize its Facebook and Instagram pages to raise awareness among Peoria County and neighboring residents and visitors, community partners, and interested fans and followers of the office of the Coroner’s office. Social media sites grant the Coroner’s office an additional opportunity to share our messages with the public. The Coroner’s office’s social media sites shall comply with all applicable County of Peoria policies and procedures, including section III‐13B Political Activity of the County of Peoria Personnel Policies. Postings on the Coroner’s social media sites are public records of the County of Peoria and may be subject to disclosure under the State of Illinois' Freedom of Information Act.
The intended purpose of the Coroner’s social media sites is to serve as a means of communication between the Coroner’s office and members of the public. Information, posts, tagged content, and comments containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed and may be removed from the site:
- Profane language or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or other protected status under applicable law
- Inappropriate sexual content or links to inappropriate sexual content
- Solicitations of commerce
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Private and confidential information
- Information that may compromise the safety and security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Political speech, including but not limited to comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures
- Comments that are personal attacks on Peoria County employees or members of the public
- Personal information including but not limited to e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
- Multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted/identical
The Coroner’s office disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any materials or content that the Coroner’s Office deems inappropriate for posting. The Coroner’s office shall make efforts to remove said materials during business hours, but disclaims liability if circumstances exist that prevent or hinder efforts to remove said materials.
Peoria County does not endorse nor otherwise support or sponsor any advertising that may be posted by Facebook or Instagram on our pages. Facebook and Instagram are privately operated, and the terms and conditions of Facebook and Instagram apply. The Coroner’s office does not guarantee the reliability or accuracy of any third‐party links. Peoria County reserves the right to remove by hiding or deleting, at their discretion, any comment or conversation that is prohibited by this Social Media Policy or the terms of the platform.