Peoria County – Peoria County is pleased to offer Learn with Peoria County educational presentations as part of Illinois Central College’s Adult Community Programs.
These free programs are open to adults ages 18 and older and are hosted at ICC’s North Campus, located at 54047 N University St in Peoria.
Registration is required for these programs. Residents can RSVP online at: www.icc.edu/acp or by calling ICC at (309) 690-6900.
LEARN with PEORIA COUNTY
Adult Community Programs at Illinois Central College – North Campus
- April 16 – Situational Awareness: A Life Safety Skill
- Instructor: Chief Deputy Doug Gaa, Peoria County Sheriff’s Office
- In a world full of distractions, being situationally aware and attuned to our environment is not always at the forefront of our minds. Join Chief Deputy Doug Gaa of the Peoria County Sheriff’s Office as he walks through the importance of Situational Awareness as it applies to home, public places, suspicious activity, the behaviors of those around us, and making the safest decisions when facing a threat or issue of concern.
- May 23 – Food Safety in the Home
- Instructor: Stephanie Streight, PCCHD Environmental Health Coordinator
- Did you know that your own kitchen can be a high-risk environment for foodborne illness? Microscopic germs such as bacteria, viruses, and parasites can thrive in food that is improperly stored or handled. If ingested, these germs can make you, your family, and your dinner guests sick. Join the Peoria City/County Health Department's Environmental Health Coordinator, Stephanie Streight, to learn about the general principles and practices of safe food handling at home.
- July 11 – Comply & Complain
- Instructors: Undersheriff Ronda Guyton and Lieutenant James Middlemas, Peoria County Sheriff’s Office
- Learn how to do both—comply and complain—when interacting with police. Join Undersheriff Ronda Guyton and Lieutenant James Middlemas of the Peoria County Sheriff’s Office for a frank and informative discussion regarding law enforcement communication concerns and tactics. The officers will go over statues and case law, examples of what to do if you are being questioned or arrested, and how to file a complaint if you believe you have been treated unfairly.
For more information about Learn with Peoria County programs or presentation topics, please visit www.peoriacounty.org/450.