Can I develop on a floodplain?

Yes and No.  A person may not make any new constructions or improvements to land that is located in a designated regulatory floodway. However the person may construct and repair structures located in the flood fringe, if the proper permits have been issued by the Peoria County Planning and Zoning Department.

Show All Answers

1. What is a floodplain?
2. Can I develop on a floodplain?
3. How do I know if my property is located in a floodplain?