All requests to inspect, copy, or certify public records maintained by the VACPC must be submitted to the VACPC in writing. We encourage you to use the convenient FOIA Request Form that we have provided, which is available online and at the VACPC office. While the VACPC will review all written requests in any form, a request must contain, at a minimum, the following:
- The Requestor's name
- Either the Requestor's mailing address, email address, or telephone number
- A description of the public records requested
- A statement of purpose, indicating whether the Requestor intends to use the records, or the information derived from those records, for sale, resale, solicitation, or advertisement for sales or services
- A statement of whether the Requestor is, or represents, news media or a non-profit, scientific or academic organization
A statement of whether the principal purpose of the Request is either (i) to access and disseminate information concerning news and current or passing events, (ii) for articles of opinion or features of interest to the public, or (iii) academic, scientific or public research or education
- If applicable, detailed justification that would support a waiver of any reproduction, certification or mailing fees.